Sunday, January 30, 2005

Women & Desire - Beyond Wanting to be Wanted

Currently, i'm reading a very interesting book called Women & Desire - Beyond Wanting to be Wanted. One of the 1st sentences in the book goes, "women want to be wanted, not to be loved". When i 1st read this sentence, i totally disagree with it. But surprisingly as i read on, i find that i myself actually do fall into this category of women ! The book went on to say that even modern women do not know what we want for ourselves. We are very often under the control of our Masters & we are merely Objects of Desire. Masters refer to many things, except our own desires.



Hmm... it's a very scary thought. I always thought that i'm a master of my own self but after i read this book, i realise that i'm not!!! I'm merely a puppet who does what others desire of me. haiz...



I have not finished reading the book, so can't discuss more abt this at the moment. But i'll make sure i finish reading this book, although it's making me very uncomfortable about my perception of myself. Hopefully, it provides a solution abt how women can be their own masters...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i borrow it pls? igLoO

12:48 am  
Blogger Magnesium said...

Actually i borrowed the book from the library. So u can borrow it after i return the book. i'll inform u when i return it. BUT.... hehe... who are u?

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home