Monday, November 15, 2004

My goal in life

"When is the best time to do things?


Who are the most important people?


What is the most important thing?





The present moment is the only moment.


The most important person is always the person you are with.


And the most important pursuit is making the person standing at your side happy.





What could be simpler or more important?"



-The Resilient Spirit: Transforming Suffering into Insight & Renewal-


By Polly Young-Eisendrath





I was really struck hard by the simplicity & truth of the above passage. (My breath was literally taken away for a moment when i read this passage on the MRT. Spent the rest of the journey thinking about this sentence after that....)





It all sounds so simple but yet it is so hard to achieve. But i shall try my very best to put it into practice. Making the person i'm with at any moment happy shall be my goal in life from now on.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home