Friday, March 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

I had a quiet birthday at Wagga this year. My most quiet birthday in 23 years. But that’s alright, because I had 3 birthday celebrations already before I came to Wagga. 1st was with my ZR friends where we have a once-a-year-celebrate-everyone’s-birthday party. The 2nd one was with Zhen, Xin & Sandy. The 3rd was in Sydney with Sarah & Yiyan. And of cos, on my birthday, I had a “feast” with Jeannie.



Banana-choc cake with Sarah & Yiyan


Jeannie prepared the whole “feast” by herself. We had pumpkin soup, garlic bread, mashed potatoes, lemonade and Milo ice-cream. And I got a chocolate bar, a pretty flower and a surprise present (which I have not received yet) from her. So sweet of my housemate right? Think she was very stressed before my birthday cos she was the only one with me at Wagga and felt she had an obligation to make my day wonderful. And I have to say, I had a great night (minus the fact that I cut my finger). Thanks a lot, Jeannie! I’m so glad I have you.




My birthday feast's chef - Jeannie

Me & my birthday flower. :)


The birthday wishes that I received from all my friends and family made a huge difference too and definitely helped to brighten up my birthday. Isn’t auto-roaming, email and msn the most amazing thing on earth? The physical distance between people just becomes insignificant when you communicate with friends via sms or the internet. It certainly feels good to know that your family and friends still remembers your birthday and cares for you. *basking in happiness* :)



I remember one of my friends saying before that birthdays should be a day of gratitude to our parents for bringing us to this world and for bringing us up. I totally agree. Thanks mummy and papa!!!


To me, birthdays are a celebration of life. It is also a reminder that time is ticking by, prompting us to make good use of our life, to live life to the fullest. That shall be my birthday resolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home