Thursday, March 02, 2006

Update on my Life...

Here's a quick update on what i did during my 3 months of vacation.



1. I was an intern in the Youth Ministry of Kong Meng San Monastery for about 6 weeks. My job there was to learn, anything that i wanted to learn. So i tried doing a little of almost everything that the staff there were doing. From distributing flyers at MRT stations, folding lots of origami boxes and lotuses, shifting chairs, packing staff to setting up booths, managing volunteers, taking part in important (but sometimes boring :p) meetings and organising events like a Countdown party and even a wedding ceremony. And some unexpected things like bringing stray kittens to the vet and selling roses during V-day popped up along the way too. The result of these 6 weeks of internship is heaps of new experiences, lots of fun and laughter, sincere encouragement to believe in myself, a deeper understanding about Buddhism and a great group of new-found friends. I truly enjoyed my time at the Youth Ministry and was quite sad when my internship ended. :( But nvm, shall look forward to volunteering there in future.






My friends and colleagues at kmsYM

2. Met up with lots of my old friends, my DHSCO Zhongruan frens who went through thick & thin with me, my beloved longtime pri school frens, my NYP lecturer & classmates who made my NYP days most memorable, my VJC classmates who have changed but are still as crazy and fun, my aikido frens from all walks of life who i'm so glad to have met, my Buddhist teacher and mentor and my good fren, HL.


The ZR grp's once-a-year birthday celebration at Youya's house

3. Spent some time with my family too, esp during CNY where i had the opportunity to catch up with some of my see-once-a-year relatives. Met my 6 months old nephew for the 1st time too. He's so chubby.


My younger nephew, Nicky

4. Not to forget, had lots of my fav local Singaporean food too. Ate lots of delicious vegetarian food too, provided by the stern but very good chef at KMS.



5. Went to Perth with my mum from 22 Feb to 28 Feb 06. Pls go to my album,
http://weimei.shutterfly.com/action/ to see the pictures i took in Perth. It's a beautiful place. Lots of natural sights that we never get to see in S'pore (eg, The Pinnacles, The Wave Rock etc). But the weather there was scorching hot n very dry, esp on the last 3 days where temp reached 36 degrees. Felt like i was being roasted alive.


At the Wave Rock


The Pinnacles


Cape Leeuwin - the place where the Southern & Indian oceans meet

6. Well, that's a summary of what i did during my hols. I'm currently back in Sydney, but will be going to Wagga Wagga for my 3 weeks of clinical placement. Wagga Wagga is an inland town that is between Melbourne and Sydney and is 1+ hours plane ride away from Sydney. Hope it'll be fun there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home