Sunday, August 21, 2005

Another week has passed again. Well, here are the highlights of the past week.





1. I went to the Taronga Zoo at the northern part of Sydney on fri with some of my RT classmates. Have to take the ferry from Circular Quay to the zoo. The zoo is quite interestingly situated. The whole zoo is on a slope. So from the ferry terminal, we took the sky safari (which is just cable car in normal, boring terms) up to the peak of the slope and entered the zoo from there. Then we walked around the zoo, which runs downwards and around the slope, before going back to the top of the slope again to take the sky safari down to the ferry terminal. The whole zoo is quite big (we took a whole day to explore the zoo and have not finish seeing all the animals by the time we left) and there were a lot of native animals there. Haha.. n I decided, my favourite Australian animal is the wombat. They are so cute and fat. It makes me want to carry them and hug and squeeze them. Unfortunately, the zoo only has 1 animal show running and that’s the bird show. And even then, it lasted only abt 8 mins and the birds didn’t really perform many tricks. So sad… Cos I love watching animals shows. Oh! but at the place where the bird show took place, there was a very magnificent view of Sydney harbour, the Harbour and the Opera House. So if anyone is interested in taking good pictures of both the bridge and the opera house together, the zoo is a good place to visit.



2. I went for my 1st aikido training in Sydney on Sat morning. Wow! They really maximize the training time over here. Training was almost non-stop for the whole 1 and a half hr (except when the sensei was demonstrating). And we did a move where the uke has to run to catch the nage’s hand. The person I did with was quite big sized. He tengkang once, I have to run a very big round to attempt to catch his hand. And it didn’t help that he was a black belt and was turning very fast and intentionally wanted to torture me (in a good-natured way). Hei… Haven ran so much for a long time already. Then we did moves that involves lots of rolls as well. Needless to say, we were rolling non-stop again. Had to be thrown and roll even before I have time to catch my breath from the last roll. Think over the 30 min we were doing those moves, I may have rolled close to 50 times. Weapon training was quite fun too. Learned a lot abt the proper way to hold and raise the boken and move with the boken. Interesting! Overall, despite having many blue-blacks, I enjoyed the training a lot. I intend to go for the Thurs night as well as Sat morn training from now on. Must not be lazy anymore!!! I’m growing fat from all the chips, chocolates, milk and lots of other food here.



3. Went to Paramatta for shopping on Sat afternoon. The shopping centre is huge! Lots of sales going on too (esp winter clearance sales). Haiz.. but me, being not very rich, could only buy 2 tank tops and a light jacket. Hehe… but I’m quite happy. Retail therapy does work…



School starts again tomorrow. Haiz… Why does the weekend always seem to fly past so quickly?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to be physically active too! away w sedentary lifestyle! BUT i'm doing more talking than doing.. (T.T)

yr

12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home